Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

100 Things

I've seen so many other people do this, and I thought it looked like fun. So here goes:


1. I love Steve.
2. I have since we were 12.
3. We met in middle school.
4. It took us 16 years to finally be together.
5. He is worth the wait.
6. In those 16 years we both learned a lot about what we do and don’t want out of life.
7. We want each other.
8. I’m a bath product junkie.
9. I can spend hours in the bath –especially with a good book.
10. I have at least 50 bars of soap at present.
11. And over 100 other bath items.
12. Lush is my absolute favorite bath & body company.
13. Lush’s Think Pink bath bomb is my absolute favorite scent.
14. I would spend my whole paycheck if Lush or another company made other products in that scent.
15. I also love Lush’s “Honey I Washed the Kids” and “Rockstar”, Bathed and Infused’s “Cremase” and Pixie Potions “Faery Candy” scents.
16. Steve says I need Lush rehab.
17. He’s probably right.
18. I also make soap.
19. I used to sell it at the pier at the sunset festival each night.
20. Now I make it for fun with my Emily and Helen.
21. We also make lavender eye pillows.
22. And we’re learning to crochet.
23. I’m a college student.
24. I’m majoring in art history and museum studies.
25. I want to be a curator in an art museum.
26. My favorite artist is Botticelli.
27. I hope to study in Florence in a couple years.
28. My mom’s spaghetti sauce is the best I’ve tasted.
29. I also love Thai food.
30. I almost always order panang curry because I’m afraid I won’t like the other dishes as much.
31. I like Indian food too.
32. Especially samosas.
33. I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 14.
34. I’m also lactose intolerant.
35. Some dairy foods are worth the consequences and I eat them anyway- especially tortellini.
36. I love flower flavors, especially violet, rose and lavender.
37. When I was younger I wanted to be a rock star, a lawyer, a storm chaser, a chef, and a writer.
38. I’m afraid of public speaking.
39. I’m afraid of singing in public too- even though I took voice lessons when I was 14 and again in college.
40. Bad grammar annoys me.
41. So does people wearing socks with sandals.
42. I’m afraid of spiders.
43. Lawn gnomes creep me out too.
44. I love to dance.
45. I took at least 15 years of lessons – ballet, tap, jazz, modern, lyrical, pointe, and swing.
46. I wish I had the time and money for all those classes now.
47. Steve agreed (begrudgingly) to take ballroom with me.
48. I also love yoga – but I never have the time.
49. I love taking photographs but I wish I was better at it.
50. I love to read.
51. My favorite authors are Dean Koontz, Laurell K. Hamilton, Jane Austen, Christopher Moore, Chuck Palahniuk, Douglas Coupland, Augustan Burroughs, Deepak Chopra, Patricia Cornwell, and Francesca Lia Block.
52. My favorite books are “The Time Traveler’s Wife” and “The Zen of Oz.”
53. I’m a sucker for books about fairies, vampires or werewolves.
54. I love fairies.
55. I can’t wait to go to Fairy Fest in Phoenix.
56. When I get married I’m wearing fairy wings down the aisle.
57. I want to live in California – somewhere around Pasadena.
58. Monkeys are my favorite animal.
59. It’s also my Chinese astrology sign.
60. My normal astrological sign is Pisces.
61. I was born on the Ides of March.
62. I love spring flowers – especially daffodils, lilacs and lily of the valley.
63. They remind me of childhood and my grandfather.
64. Strawberries with milk and sugar, rye toast, and Indian corn also remind me of my grandpa.
65. He is the greatest man I’ve ever known.
66. I miss him. A lot.
67. He died of cancer when I was six.
68. Because of this I participate in Relay for Life every year with my college.
69. I grew up in Ohio.
70. I moved to Florida when I was 12.
71. I have 4 half brothers, 3 half sisters and 2 stepsisters.
72. I grew up with two of my brothers. The rest are a lot older than me.
73. I would like to have 2 kids.
74. A girl – named Lorelei and a boy – named Skye.
75. I love music almost as much as baths, books, and art.
76. Tori Amos is my all time favorite musician. I’ve seen her in concert 3 times.
77. I also love Depeche Mode and the Cure.
78. I love making cupcakes – especially from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
79. Scrabble is my favorite game. My cousin and I have marathon games of it. I also play it online through Facebook.
80. I don’t like jasmine. It smells like decay to me.
81. My favorite movie is Labyrinth. I watch it all the time. I love the song “As the World Falls Down” from the movie.
82. My favorite actor is Joseph Fiennes. He’s gorgeous – but he also is a great actor, and I respect his role choices and abilities.
83. My cat’s name is Luna. I talk to her like she’s a human. I’ve had her since she was a baby.
84. I have one white eyelash. Even when it falls out, it grows back in white.
85. I’m not sure what my natural hair color is. I think it’s a medium brown.
86. I prefer my old NES to the new game consoles.
87. My favorite games are Burger Time, Bubble Bobble, and California games.
88. I love the 80s.
89. I miss Jem and the Holograms, Popples, and She-ra.
90. In more recent times – I love Invader Zim, The Fairly Odd Parents, and the Power Puff Girls.
91. I used to collect comics – mostly X-men, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, and Squee.
92. Margarita’s and Rum-Runners are my drinks of choice.
93. I was in 4-H growing up.
94. I spent my summer’s on my grandparents’ and uncle’s farm as a child.
95. I love horses. I ride western saddle.
96. I hate cleaning the bathroom, but I don’t mind washing dishes or vacuuming.
97. I still prefer regular mail to email.
98. One thing I’d like to work on more is my procrastination problem.
99. I don’t believe in having big houses with rooms you never use. I think families are closer and grow together more in smaller, cozier houses.
100. I’m very close with my family.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I was inspired by your list, so I made my own on my blog! :)

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie