Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Steve's Visit

I took Steve to the airport yesterday. It was harder on me this time than our previous partings. Thankfully there is only about a month until we are together again. And only two more months until we are together forever. I can hardly wait.

It was a nice visit. I'm so glad he came for my graduation. I was so nervous. I thought I was going to pass out in the car on the way to the ceremony. The ceremony was long, and we were all bored beyond belief. One nice thing is that instead of sitting us alphabetically they let us sit with our friends. I sat with Jeannie and other members of Phi Theta Kappa. It was a major relief to not fall on my face while walking across the stage (which several of us were worried about). Here are some photos from that day.

This is me before the ceremony. I'm mapquesting the directions from my house to Tropicana Field:


These are some of the "official" graduation photos:



This is me with my parents after the ceremony. (Because of Steve's job, I don't post his photos online):


After the ceremony we celebrated by having lunch at Moon Under Water (one of my favorite restaurants). I love the curry there. In addition to Steve and my parents, Steve's grandma, my brother, Marlena, Stacey and Erica were all there. Stacey and Josh got me and engraved key ring that says "You're the one" which is an inside joke - referring to a text message Steve sent me that they just love to make fun of. My parents gave me a really nice card, which made me want to cry. It's so weird when they express their feelings (I mean in a nice way).

Thursday after picking him up, I got dinner going and made Strawberry Cupcakes while he took a nap. After dinner we went out to Gators. The classic rock band from Pleasure Island was there. We didn't stick around to hear them though because by the time they were ready to play we were done with the people there.


We spent Friday at Caddy's. I had two Rum Runner's and was toast. I think I slept a couple hours. I woke up with my backside extra crispy. It was a beautiful day. We rode the beach with the top down (I love having a convertible). I'm really going to miss the ocean when I leave. After the beach we had a big family dinner. Josh came as well as Minerva and Junior. Afterwards we played Apples to Apples to the point of boredom. Most of us had 11 to 13 green cards by the time that we quit.

Saturday night we met up with Chris at Alibi. It was ok. I hadn't been there in at least a year since I had been there. The music was pretty crappy. Steve felt really out of place but I give him props for going in the first place. We only stayed about two hours because silly me, mixed my liqueur and apparently I can't handle it.

Sunday we met up with Emily at Tijuana Flats (another place I'm going to miss when I leave). They have really yummy food - made fresh. The burritos aren't all soggy like a lot of other places. I always get the black bean veggie burrito and smother it with Thai sweet chili sauce. Emily and Steve seemed to like each other. They were ganging up on me at points - NOT NICE! But it's good my friends like him (especially since forever is a really like time).

Sunday night we got all dressed up and went to Melting Pot for dinner. I had a $25 gift certificate from Relay for Life. We went with the full course meal. For the cheese fondue we went with the cheddar, Sam Adams, Tabasco and chive fondue. In theory it sounds good. In reality with both hated it. We ended up eating mostly the apple chunks and bread sans the cheese. The salad was good, but the dressing was sickeningly sweet. The main course wasn't horrible - although she poured about 3/4 of a bottle of red wine in and I got a good buzz from it (as it didn't cook down much before we started cooking) and ended up knocking stuff off the table. They brought out chunks of tofu, which were disgusting. I was about to spit it out when our overly perky waitress walked up and I had to swallow it. Steve saw my face and when she left we buried all the tofu chunks in the bottom of the pot. The dessert is the only reason I would ever go back to the place. I had Cherries Jubilee but in the milk chocolate instead of white. I skipped the marshmallows - but the rest of the dessert was orgasmic - and all mine since Steve isn't into sweets. All in all the meal was pretty bad but we had a lot of fun making fun of it.

Monday we went to Winghouse for lunch. We rented movies and made dinner at home. Most of the trip not mentioned was doing mundane things like cuddling, watching movies, and going in the hot tub. I wasn't sick this time, but poor baby still has an awful cough.

Last night without him was so hard. I stopped at Michaels and Joanne Fabrics and got blocks of soap with my 50% off coupons. I ate leftovers. I watched old movies (Weird Science, Uncle Buck and Flashdance). I worked a lot on the blanket I’m crocheting. I’m almost done with it. I’m trying to get Marlena to go to Thai food with after work so I don’t feel so alone. And then I have to start sending out my resume so I have a job when I move.

1 comment:

Toushonta said...

Congratulations Jennifer on your graduation!! WOOOO! HOOOO!!

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie