Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Beautiful Demons (Peachville High Demons #1) by Sarra Cannon

Beautiful Demons (Peachville High Demons, #1)Beautiful Demons by Sarra Cannon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was hesitant about getting a Kindle, because I felt I would somehow be cheating on real books, or that the Kindle is going to lead to the demise of real books. I ended up getting one for Christmas, and while I miss the smell of new books, and turning pages, I actually love my Kindle. One of the main reasons I love my Kindle is books like Beautiful Demons. I still refuse to buy books for my Kindle that are over $5, so I have been buying books like Beauitful Demons that are somewhere between free and $3.99 in price. Because of this, I have read some really GREAT books (many of them by indie authors), that I might not of even found otherwise.

Beautiful Demons is a well written, entertaining read that I could not put down, until I the very last page. The main character, Harper, gets bounced around a lot in the foster system. Most of it has to do with her telekinesis. People are afraid of her, because when she is angry things rattle, move or catch on fire. She is taken to Shadowford Home in Peachville, her last step before going to Juvie. Harper feels like an outcast, but quickly makes friends with another girl in the home, Agnes. Agnes has a strange obcession with cheerleaders. In fact everyone in the town does. When one of the cheerleaders, and most popular girls in school ends up brutally murdered Harper gets blamed. Can Harper figure out who the real killer is before she becomes the next victim? You'll have to read it and find out.

I really liked the book (have I mentioned that yet?) and I'm currently reading the next book in the serious. There are five in all. The characters have excellent potential, and I hope the author gives us more insight into their backgrounds and personalities in the following books. Book one leaves you with a lot of questions, but not in a bad way - in a way that makes you want to hurry up and get book two. Beautiful Demons is full of unexpected twists and turns, and keeps you guessing. I hate it when I figure out the whole plot of a book in the first few chapters, but this was not the case with Beautiful Demons. I was very surprised by the ending - I didn't see it coming. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the serious unfolds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really sounds interesting. thanks for the review.

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

Sounds like one I'd enjoy too! Off to check it out now!

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie