Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Review: Bound to Remember by Lola James



Bound to Remember is the first book in a new series by Lola James.  The story is about a young doctor named Toni Hollander.  She works at a hospital with her best friend Dawn and ex-boyfriend, Kevin.  Life is pretty normal until the day a new nurse starts working at her hospital.  The new nurse is Benjamin, and Benjamin has a secret, he's a vampire.  Benjamin's secret is going to complicate Toni's life.  Things become further complicated when Toni and Ben share a steamy kiss, infuriateing Kevin.  Through a series of twists and turns and some help from a witch friend, Toni discovers that there are things about herself she didn't know.  Will she find out before it's too late?  You'll have to read and find out.

Bound to Remember was an enjoyable read, that I gave 4 stars too.  It's a quick read, and is fast moving, and holds your interest.  I enjoyed it so much that I finished it in one sitting.  The book is appropriate for young adult readers as well as adults.  Even though it's a paranormal romance, there is nothing overly graphic in nature. 

Toni is a character that I found to be immediately likable.  She is someone who is very relatable.  I also enjoyed the antics of her friend Dawn.  Benjamin is also very likable.  He has faced many losses in life (and undeath) which makes you want to comfort and console him like Toni does.  I can't wait for the second book in the series to see how these characters develop.

Bound to Remember has a surprising ending.  Shocking, I might say.  I couldn't believe the way everything twistsed and turned into this final moment.  I am dying for the second book so I can see what becomes of Toni.


No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie