Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Weekly Update (9/4/13) School, Weddings, Books & Candles for Breast Cancer!

So sorry that my posting has been so sporadic.  In addition to work, my Fall semester has started.  My campus is an hour and forty-five minutes drive from where I live and work.  It's a drive I don't like but it has to be done.  I need to go to the library to get some audio books so that in the long drive, I can at least get some reading done.  The class is on Crisis Intervention, something that will come in handy in either of my degrees (Criminal Justice and Social Work) as well as my job and even in my home life.  Hopefully it turns out to be worth the drive.

On the wedding front, I went two weekends ago and bought my dress.  It was pretty much love at first sight.  I tried on about five dresses, and it came down to the one I bought - which makes me feel beautiful and amazing and another shorter dress, that would have been more comfortable for walking and dancing.  In the end dress number one won out.  It was an incredibly emotional experience.  Two of my friends went, but I really wish that my mom, niece, and cousin could have been there with me as well.  Buying the dress, really brings home the fact that this is real - My wedding is really happening.

Last month, my friend and I went to Las Vegas, where the wedding will happen, to the Las Vegas Bridal Spectacular.  I met Sam Saboura from Something Borrowed, Something Blue.  I also got tons of ideas for my wedding.  I was a runner up in the makeover competition but it was still worth the trip!  I got to spend time with my Vegas friends and experience some off strip restaurants that were amazing.  I tried Vietnamese food for the first time.  I know love Pho!  We also went to the top of the Stratosphere to Club 107 for reverse happy hour (Midnight to 3:00 a.m.).  Is this view amazing?



Book wise, I've finished the following books in the last week:






Reviews are coming soon for most of these books.


On the candle front, all the summer scents are on sale until they run out.  Get Mango Cooler, Sliced Watermelon, Black Cherry, Beach, Coconut Lime Verbena and more while you still can. My Gold Canyon Candles Shop


The Breast Cancer Support candle has been redone, and is in a gorgeous new container, but is still the amazing pink sugar cookie scent.  Gold Canyon Candles donates 10% of all sales of this candle to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  For all of September and October I will be donating 20% of all sales to the American Cancer Society, Relay for Life.  Help out two great causes AND get a wonderfully smelling candle!  Makes a great gift.  Purchase at www.jennifergolub.mygc.com

How has everyone else's week been so far?  What are you reading?  Know of any great book sales?  Have a product you love that you'd like to share?  I'd love to hear from you!


No comments:

 
Blog design by Imagination Designs all images from the My Midnight Dreams Danced Among the Stars kit by Tangie